ShelfGenie Franchisor Profile
We Turn Frustration and Pain Into Enjoyment and Love
ShelfGenie is a customized Glide-Out shelving and storage solution franchise that has remodeled millions of cabinets in kitchens, pantries, bathrooms and garages since it began transforming spaces in 2007. ShelfGenie takes away the frustration and pain that comes from living in a home that’s inefficient and poorly designed and transforms that home into a functional space that is made for enjoyment and love, That is what we focus on, and we are transforming the lives of our clients every day.
ShelfGenie designs, builds, and installs Glide-Out Shelving Systems. Our innovative shelving is custom-built to retrofit existing cabinets, resulting in perfectly placed shelves that glide in and out with just the touch of your fingers. With our system, cabinets are organized; storage is accessible, efficient and clutter-free. Glide-Out Shelving works in virtually every cabinet and pantry in the home and is beautiful and highly durable. From the kitchen to the bathroom to the garage, ShelfGenie does it all.
ShelfGenie is a home-based business model providing a niche product within a mature industry. We have highly effective tools and resources in place that allow franchisees to focus on scaling their business. Our franchise model allows the owner to focus on marketing and sales while leveraging designers and installation partners with the following systems and services:
• Streamlined Business Processes
• Centralized Business Support Center
• Need-based product
• WishPortal Franchise Management System - a full scale, customized CRM that is fully integrated into the Business Support Center and Media Buying Platform.
The ShelfGenie Business Process, Business Support Center, and WishPortal combine to bring operations and management systems only found at large companies – without the fixed overhead. All of the fees charged (Royalties, Business Support Center and WishPortal) are variable and related to sales.
Features of the business:
• Recession Resistant – In today’s economy people look to small affordable upgrading as opposed to extensive remodeling or moving.
• Scalable Business – Installation partner and designer programs allow the owner to work on their business, not in the business
• Low Overhead – Home-based business with most overhead costs being variable and directly related to sales
• Need-Based Product – Baby Boomers and Senior Citizens who don’t like to (or can’t) bend and reach the back of their cabinets and need more space (downsizing)
• Streamlined Business Processes – Our exclusive 14-step process allows franchisees to coordinate in real-time with the business support center, installation partners, designers and manufacturers to manage the customer relationship.
• WishPortal™ Online Franchise Management System – Our proprietary web-based management system gives the owner dashboards, reports, and other tools necessary to make important business decisions and manage their business.
• ShelfGenie University – online Learning Management System that allows franchisees to offer world-class sales training to their Designers by simply assigning them a ShelfGenie University login and monitoring their progress. The training counts as continuing education for many of the Designers in the Organizing, Design and Real Estate professions that add ShelfGenie Design to their portfolio.
• Centralized Business Support Center – Located in our headquarters in Atlanta, GA, we receive all customer calls, schedule all sales appointments, and handle all customer services calls for the owner.
• Cash Flows Quickly – Other than initial advertising and startup costs, our fast sales cycle allows owners to receive order deposits and outpace costs with cash flow.
Seeking Growth Driven Executives Who Want To Build a Multi-Territory Enterprise
• We are looking for owners that want to build and scale a business. Owners primarily responsibilities are to oversee business operations, create and maintain local relationships, and manage sales designers.
• Backgrounds can vary. However, they need to have the ability to be visionary, strategic and the desire to scale a business.
• Key Traits are excellent people skills, customer service focused, enjoys working within a system with proven & defined processes, focused on sales and driving revenue (sales background not necessary), and a strong desire to grow and scale a business – operate as a CEO - work ON a scalable business, not IN it
Marketing and Managing!
Work ON the business - not IN it. Using existing systems and tools, ShelfGenie franchise owners operate as a CEO instead of an operations manager. Owners are able to focus on money-making activities from overseeing marketing and PR efforts to forging valuable relationships with professionals that service our customer base. We expect owners to focus on the strategic growth of their business with an emphasis on recruiting and mentoring a team of Designers. As a ShelfGenie franchise owner, you do not manufacture, build, or install the product. Installation partners will take the measurements and install the custom-solution into the customer’s home. Owners focus their attention on growing and managing their business.